This BBQ chicken sandwich recipe from Taste of Home is healthy, easy to make and filling. At only 66 cents per sandwich, serving this for dinner is a great way to make your family’s food budget stretch. You will need two cups of cooked and shredded chicken for this recipe.
BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe
1. Sauté onion, garlic, celery and butter in a large saucepan until ingredients are soft.
2. Without turning off the flame, stir in a mixture of ketchup, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add chicken and bring ingredients to a boil.
4. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add delicious chicken mixture to buns and serve.