Using a part smoker and part oven method, this pulled pork BBQ recipe will help you to make a delicious meal that won’t take you 14 hours. You can read the steps below or learn by watching this easy-to-follow Youtube video. As this recipe does not stress exact measurements, it’s great for chefs who love to create their own unique combination of flavors.
1. Begin by mixing a rub with a combination of brown sugar, salt, cumin and some chili powder. The mixture is not exact and can also include things like garlic powder, onion powder and ground mustard.
2. Place meat in a glass oven tray and cover it with liquid smoke.
3. Apply the rub mixture to the meat on all sides.
4. Cover with cellophane and place in the fridge for one hour.
5. Cook on a smoker for about 3 ½ hours.
6. Bake in the oven at 225 degrees Fahrenheit until you see the skin starting to peal away.