Chicken is one of the meats that is a bbq staple. There are probably more birds grilled outdoors than what the colonel can do in his restaurants. The aroma of the bbq grill can drift many blocks away on a warm summer evening and if there is anyone that doesn’t recognize it’s unique odor then they must have been living on an island in the Atlantic ocean. We thought this recipe was a little original and thought we would give it a try. Why don’t you try it too and get back with us and let us know what you think and we could compare notes.
Pulled Chicken with Apple Bacon BBQ Sauce
Yield: 12 servings.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs To view rest of recipe click here.
Home made bbq sauce is not that difficult to do…start with ketchup add mustard and let your imagination take over….or you could try one our already bottled recipes.